Re: spammers monitor this list

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 13:51, mark wrote:
> Fergus Wilde wrote:
> >Spammers monitor hotmail.  I have had two accounts on there from which I
> > have never once sent mail nor distributed the address to anyone, and have
> > gradually watched trickles of spam turn to floods.
>
> Monitor hotmail?  I always assumed spammers pretty much just conducted
> dictionary attacks on a continual basis.
> Hmmm.
> mark

I'm sure that's exactly what they do.  I was more interested in making a
rhetorical echo of the OP's query, which I'm inclined to regard as
mischeivous.  But I also wanted to make the point that the presence of spam
on a hotmail account does not ipso facto mean that a particular list is being
monitored.  If all the spammers were to be on fire together in a field and I
had the means of extinguishing the flames I doubt I would find it in me to do
so.

--
Fergus Wilde
Chetham's Library