[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Version 3.5 and patches
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Version 3.5 and patches
- From: david l goodrich <dlg_(_at_)_dorkzilla_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:08:41 +1000
- Cc: Carl Libra <calibra_2_(_at_)_hotmail_(_dot_)_com>
On 20 Apr 2004, at 04:21 pm, Carl Libra wrote:
> Im new to OpenBSD coming from NetBSD and have two questions.
> * Can I already install version 3.5 as it's not on the FTP servers jet.
> * How can I track patches automaticly (NetBSD uses a audit package
> which sends an email when it finds a threat)
i wrote a quick-and-dirty `patchcheck` script
<http://www.dorkzilla.org/~dlg/scripts/patchcheck> ... it assumes
you've put applied patches in /usr/patches, and will email you if
there's any new ones. i've got it running nightly on all my openbsd
servers, and it seems to work reliably.
[demime 0.98d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of PGP.sig]