Re: Why OpenBSD?

Quoting Larry Llong (lloung_(_at_)_hotmail_(_dot_)_com):
> Why would I want to use OpenBSD over another operating system?

For the charming people who would ask you why you'd want to
use any operating system?

You need to form useful questions before you start looking for answers.

- OpenBSD is not a great game platform (ok, for rogue, it is).
- OpenBSD fails utterly to work in a VAXCluster we have here.
- OpenBSD sucks on the rows of V1280s we have running massive databases.
- It's terrible to run Excel on.
- I can never get it to run those .pifs and other executables I keep
  being sent by management_(_at_)_snew_(_dot_)_com_(_dot_)__(_dot_)__(_dot_)_
- It disappoints the desktop support people who keep telling me I need
  this week's patches.

I think you'd to best on MCPM.  Or maybe something with GEM.
AmigaDOS ran a multitasking OS in 512k of RAM and had nice graphics.
Check it out.  And, despite all statements to the contrary, VMS is
alive and in use out there.