[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OpenBSD 3.4 kernel panic
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OpenBSD 3.4 kernel panic
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:58:12 -0600
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. <bsd_(_at_)_hawkmountain_(_dot_)_net> [2004-04-16 21:51]:
> On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 21:58, Henning Brauer wrote:
> > the quick fix is to get other NICs. that's where it crashed, and those
> > are crap.
> I've heard the better cards to get are the Tulip and descendants (dc)
> and the Intel EtherExpress Pro series and descendents (fxp)...
> Is this true ? If so, I guess it doesn't apply to all descendants.
yes it is true, and no, it does not apply to all dc variants. there are
so many... the original 21143 is good, otherwise there's quite some
crap out there.
> So, what are the cards to get ????
em(4) and sk(4) nowadays...
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org