In BSD 3.4: does boot -s support a timeout and/or 3 tries,/etc/ttys: insecure,

In BSD 3.4 does boot -s support a timeout parameter i.e. 5 seconds or 3 login attempts &
the keyword insecure in /etc/ttys

I ran
echo "boot -s" > /etc/boot.conf

edited /etc/ttys and changed the line below:
console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   off  secure

to:
console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   off  insecure

I get prompted for the password to go to single user or Ctrl-D for
multi-user.
Question: Is insecure working or is boot -s doing everything?

PS: the closest thing I could find is