Re: slight confusion about the PF faq

On Apr 5, 2004, at 5:17 PM, BSD Neophyte wrote:

I've looked, everywhere, and I haven't been able to find what it is.

I'm talking about "tl0" in the NAT and port forwarding examples.  What
interface is "tl0" anyways?  Is it the internal or external interface?

I am trying to write some redirect rules, but I really don't know which
interface to use.

Generally speaking, most examples of translation will occur on the external interface. However, these rules can be made to apply on ANY interface (yes, they have their place). I suggest you read up more on general networking/firewalling techniques if you're not sure which interface to translate on.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting

Visit your host, monkey.org