Re: BBS Software

Reading their FAQ (http://www.citadel.org/citadel-faq.php), it says:
Platforms to avoid: HP/UX and OpenBSD.... OpenBSD has serious problems with performance and reliability, which are exposed when running Citadel.

Considering all the code audits, security reviews, and general functionality of oBSD, I have to wonder why they make this assertion. Does the chroot environment break their software, and they're blaming it on us? Is this FAQ outdated? Are they (insert fundamentalist group here)?

Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

 On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, sysrq wrote:

> sure what kind of BBS stuff there is for OpenBSD. Any suggestions
> for what BBS to use or a better place to look would be welcome.

 you could look at http://www.citadel.org/. i haven't used that, but
 it claims to be running on anything *nix under the sun.