spamd & grey-listing innovation

Hi,

I've noticed that most spam that I receive is directed to old/nonexistent mail
addresses. Sadly my mail server reply with an "error" message and so keep
wasting precious bandwidth.

I think that adding a new file containing only valid addresses could be an
useful innovation. The trick is that spamd would add the grey-listing triplet
to its database only if the destination address is present in the upsaid file
(/etc/spamd.addresses ?).

This will permit to save a lot of bandwidth and to remove some load from the
mail server.

Who likes it ?

	Ed

Visit your host, monkey.org