[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
spamd & grey-listing innovation
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: spamd & grey-listing innovation
- From: Ed White <ed_(_dot_)_white_(_at_)_libero_(_dot_)_it>
- Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 10:57:10 +0200
- Reply-to: ed_(_dot_)_white_(_at_)_libero_(_dot_)_it
I've noticed that most spam that I receive is directed to old/nonexistent mail
addresses. Sadly my mail server reply with an "error" message and so keep
wasting precious bandwidth.
I think that adding a new file containing only valid addresses could be an
useful innovation. The trick is that spamd would add the grey-listing triplet
to its database only if the destination address is present in the upsaid file
This will permit to save a lot of bandwidth and to remove some load from the
Who likes it ?
Visit your host, monkey.org