[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: new, inexpensive laptop suggestions
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: new, inexpensive laptop suggestions
- From: joshua stein <jcs_(_at_)_rt_(_dot_)_fm>
- Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 13:57:00 -0600
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
> I have a ThinkPad T40 at home that I like quite a bit; however, until Intel
> releases documentation and a fully free driver for Centrino (PRO/Wireless
> 2100A chipset), it will sadly remain booted into WinXP most of the time.
the centrino wireless is probably just a minipci card. you can swap
it out with a lucent wavelan card and still make use of the laptop's
built in antennas, as i did for my x40:
i bought my wavelan card from ebay for $40. just needed to upgrade
the firmware on it to 8.10.