Memory Protection Breaking News

W^X is the memory protection mechanism introduced by OpenBSD in the 3.3
release. Since then some people of the PaX project started claiming rights
and credits. Today, after some interesting exchange of opinions, the OpenBSD
project leader announced that he found a clear way to express his thoughts:
"I think the best way to send a definitive message is changing the name of our
technology. After some research I discovered that PaX in Latin means peace,
so I'm sure to be really explicit and clear calling our mechanism WaR."

Visit your host, monkey.org