CVS problem

I'm probably doing something obviously wrong but I'm having trouble updating the patch branch:

ethant_(_at_)_grits:/usr/src# echo $CVSROOT
anoncvs_(_at_)_anoncvs_(_dot_)_usa_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org:/cvs

ethant_(_at_)_grits:/usr/src# cvs -q up -rOPENBSD_3_4 -Pd
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

I last updated on 11/23 with no problems.

What am I doing wrong?  What additional info is needed?  I tried a couple different mirrors with same results so I would think the problem is definitely on my end.  The only message I saw Googling with both CVS and the SSH error was to use CVSup instead.

Thanks,
Greg

Visit your host, monkey.org