[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: newbie vpn/routing problem
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: newbie vpn/routing problem
- From: Pedro la Peu <pedro_(_at_)_am-gen_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:24:46 +0000
- Reply-to: pedro_(_at_)_am-gen_(_dot_)_org
On Thursday 18 December 2003 07:19, Neuronet wrote:
> Is it normal behavior for a properly set up vpn connection to *not* be able
> to ping/connect from one vpn box to the opposite box's internal network? I
> can ping and connect seamlessly between hosts on both networks, but not
> from one firewall/vpn to the other's network.
Yes, it is normal *if* you don't have S/A's defined between the vpn box and
the remote network. It sounds like you have only defined S/A's for the two
nets. The output of 'netstat -rnf encap' would confirm if this is the case.
Visit your host, monkey.org