MySQL problem, hangs.

Hi everyone,

I've got a problem with MySQL database server.It's running properly for some
time, but when I use phpmyadmin, or/and do many operations in the same time,
the server suddenly crashes, and when I try to login from console, the
following message appears :

ent01# mysql -p
Enter password:
ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
ent01# ps ax|grep mysql
12981 p2- I       0:13.55 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld -u mysql

OpenBSD ent01.ippartners.pl 3.3 GENERIC#44 i386
mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.57, for unknown-openbsd3.3 (i386)

Does anybody had the same problem, and know how to resolve it ?

And another question, also about MySQL but in version 4.0.16, it also
hangs/crashes, anybody had this kind of problem ?

I will be grateful for help on this topic. :)

--
Best regards
Tomasz Pajor

Visit your host, monkey.org