[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ipless bridge and altq
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: ipless bridge and altq
- From: Brian <bcook-openbsd_(_at_)_poklib_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:50:26 -0500
- Organization: Adriance Memorial Library
- Reply-to: Brian <bcook-dated-1071089188_(_dot_)_abe3b1_(_at_)_poklib_(_dot_)_org>
I'm wondering if this can be done. After talking with a few
knowledgeable people on various irc channels.. they lead me to believe
that this is unstable and unreliable at best. (using 3.4 not -current)
I'm looking to do this on a 3mb (ethernet) segment for 25-30 different
customers. Looking at using a dual intel 10/100 card for the bridge and
a different nic as the management interface. And as stated I would like
to make pf control bandwidth and filter packets on this ip-less bridge.
P3 600, 384M of ram.
I currently have a sample test box with FreeBSD 4.x, ipfw2 with dummynet
and ipf for packet filtering, and it's 'sorta' doing the job. I'm
hoping I can tailor the rules more using PF.
I thank you for taking the time to read this message.