Re: i386 current snapshot

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 02:22:35PM -0500, Okan Demirmen wrote:
> how did you upgrade? if you simply untar'ed, did you use the p flag?

I booted to bsd.rd and chose Upgrade.  I had downloaded the install
files to a local filesystem and used that as the source.

> what does "ls -l /usr/bin/su" give you?

 herakles# ls -l /usr/bin/su
 -r-sr-xr-x  1 root  bin  10936 Dec  8 12:02 /usr/bin/su

Unfortunately, I rebuilt from source hoping to workaround the problem,
so this is not the file from the original upgrade.  It still gives the
same error messages, though.

I will download the install files again and re-upgrade, but the fact
that that the rebuild did not help makes me think that the problem is
not with the snapshot.

Visit your host, monkey.org