Re: 3.4 undisciplined clock issues / ntp 4.2.0

On Sunday 07 December 2003 01:14 am, Alexander Fordyce wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I started a thread about a month ago about my concerns over my new
> machine's really bad clock drift after installing OpenBSD 3.4 straight off
> the CDs.  dmesg appended again for reference.  The drift is so bad that NTP
[snip]
> Thoughts?  Suggestions?  All input welcome and appreciated.
>
> Thanks...
> Alex

This isn't much of a solution, but how about running rdate from a
cron job?  Figure out how bad the drift is, and call rdate every nn
hours.  It doesn't fix the underlyding problem but perhaps your
system would then be useable timewise, or am I missing something
that rendered this useless?

--STeve Andre'