[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: baby steps part 1
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: baby steps part 1
- From: jmc <jmc_(_at_)_prioris_(_dot_)_mini_(_dot_)_pw_(_dot_)_edu_(_dot_)_pl>
- Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 21:35:35 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 02:29:18PM -0500, James wrote:
> Instead of manually editing the passwd and/or group file, maybe
> afterboot(8) and su(1) should tell the user to use usermod(8).
> Functionally both methods work, but usermod is for "modify(ing) user
> login information".
Well, afterboot(8) does not suggest editing /etc/passwd by hand. It does
suggest editing /etc/group by hand, though. Since the section is mainly
about adding new users, I don't think usermod(8) is so relevant. Maybe a
pointer to groupadd(8)...
Courtesy is cumbersome to them that ken it no.