[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Signal 11 with RAM ok
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Signal 11 with RAM ok
- From: "Kevin O'Riordan" <kor_(_at_)_compsoc_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:00:20 +0000
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
> > I've got a problem, all my compilation interrupts with signal 11 error.
> > ... I can compile with several retries.
> Failing hardware.
> > I've read the FAQ about the signal 11 problem.
> > I've try memtester and my RAM seems to be OK.
> It can also be an overclocked/overheated CPU.
I have a board at home that gets occasional sig11's if I use the 2nd or
3rd DIMM bank - so I'm stuck with one stick of ram. Regardless of what
ram I'm using in which banks though, memtest86 _always_ tells me my
I'd tend to go with failing h/w too in this case too.
<Snipe> Confusion, Denial, Accusation, Acceptance, Downplay
<Snipe> the 5 stages a supporter goes through when taking a call
<snipe>, psychoanalyzing on #phishtank (irc.indigo.ie)