Re: Guile 1.6

> >> Has anyone managed to install Guile 1.6 on OpenBSD?
> >
> > Guile 1.6.4 builds and passes its test suite on my i386
> > -current system.
>
> OK, thanks.  This means that either I'm doing something wrong, or it's
> time for me to upgrade to -CURRENT and start living on the edge.
> Scary, I guess.
>
> Did you have to do anything out of the ordinary to get it to compile
> and work, or does it work out of the box?

To get it to compile with the "--with-threads" flag, I had to make
a small change to 'configure':

	doctorno:18% diff -C 3 configure configure.orig
	*** configure   Thu Aug 28 00:08:09 2003
	--- configure.orig      Thu Aug 28 00:08:06 2003
	***************
	*** 17642,17648 ****
	  cat >>conftest.$ac_ext <<_ACEOF
	  /* end confdefs.h.  */

	! #include <sys/time.h>
	  int
	  main ()
	  {
	--- 17642,17648 ----
	  cat >>conftest.$ac_ext <<_ACEOF
	  /* end confdefs.h.  */

	! #include <time.h>
	  int
	  main ()
	  {

Otherwise, the build craps out because of a re-definition of 'timespec'.

Without "--with-threads", no modifications needed.

David S.