[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Mac 17" -- Does not Boot From Install Disk
- To: misc_(_at_)_OpenBSD_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Mac 17" -- Does not Boot From Install Disk
- From: David Corbett <dec_(_at_)_io_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 19:01:35 -0400
Hardware: Mac 17" G4 Powerbook (1GHz) / 1GB memory / 60GB Disk
Software: OpenBSD 3.3 Install Disk #2 (macppc)
Symptom -- the computer cannot boot from the CD.
Probable Cause: Apple reports that systems entering production as of
03Feb01 & later cannot boot to OS 9. This includes 17", Mirror Door
Mac, G5, etc.
Tests to Verify:
1) The G4 TiBook (887) boots fine from the install disk.
2) If I hold the [Option] key down at boot, the TiBook offers the BSD
disk with an OS9 disk icon.
3) If I hold the [Option] key down at boot, the 17" cannot find the BSD
disk at all.
I am requesting assistance in how to install and, though I am a
relatively naive user, I am willing to beta-test fixes.
Visit your host, monkey.org