Re: SupCVS x AnonCVS

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 10:25:48AM -0500, Milhomem, Marcus wrote:
> I already had read both before post my message, but to me I understand that
> they do the same thing..... but if they do the same, why have 2???? So I am
> thinking that maybe I didn´t understood something, as for me english is my
> second language....
Choice(tm) is a good thing.  And there are more ways to fetch the trees
(like rsync, ...)

Both can handle the task of updating src, ports, ... but they do not
handle it in the exact, same way. And there are other considerations
that you might want to take into account:

  - Speed
  - Availability of mirrors
  - Extra packages required (for cvsup)

Some people use anoncvs because it fits their exact needs. Some others
use cvsup. Some neither.

As a side note, if you feel uncomfortable with English it is worth
noting that the OpenBSD website has been to other languages as well.

--
Saad Kadhi -- [saad_(_at_)_docisland_(_dot_)_org] [saad_(_dot_)_kadhi_(_at_)_hapsis_(_dot_)_fr]
[pgp keyid: 35592A6D http://pgp.mit.edu]

Visit your host, monkey.org