[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Sendmail GUI
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Sendmail GUI
- From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 01:17:17 -0400
- Mail-followup-to: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Oddly, I've worked with sendmail GUIs, but on not OpenBSD :(
Quoting Mark Pickell (markp_(_at_)_datalog_(_dot_)_ab_(_dot_)_ca):
> I have been given a task of putting a GUI for sendmail administration on our
> openbsd 3.3 server. Management has requested the ability to add/delete users;
> add/delete alias groups and the ability to change passwords. The email system
> is running beautifully so I don't want to change it or go to another platform.
> Does anyone know of any software that can fulfill this without compromising
> security? Or has anyone had any experience with this task?
I'm looking for ANYTHING there that's sendmail and I see aliases
user management is not sendmail. sendmail doesn't know
(much) about users. Or passwords.
webmin will do most of this PLUS aliases.
Me? I like LDAP to contain all this information and
use an IMAP server that doesn't actually use user accounts.
Pretty GUIs to manage user information via LDAP were not easy to
find last I looked.
Visit your host, monkey.org