Re: decompilation of sendmail.cf

Welcome to being the post for "why you ALWAYS use an MC".

It's not QUITE as bad as "i've lost the source for
/bin/foo, how do I uncompile?" but it's not too far.

The sendmail.cf will have the FEATURES it was made with.  You will
make an mc file that's close, then you will build it with the SAME
VERSION of sendmail configs (sendmail/cf) as you had for that
sendmail.cf file.  So m4 your test.mc  (test.mc -> test.cf)  and
do diffs.

Make changes, repeat (or as the shampoo bottles say: Lather, rinse, repeat).

Until the diffs are effectively gone.

How do you plan for SpamAssassin to talk to sendmail?

Quoting Christer Solstrand Johannessen (csj_(_at_)_csj_(_dot_)_no):