[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Completely transparent VPN between NATed sites
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Completely transparent VPN between NATed sites
- From: Jason Dixon <jason_(_at_)_dixongroup_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: 21 Aug 2003 10:47:28 -0400
- Organization: DixonGroup Consulting
On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 10:36, Stefan Sczekalla wrote:
> Hi Jason,
> Hmmm not for beeing paranoid, but until today I thougt, that its a
> good/usual practice to have a two-stage-firewall.
> first stage does filter, second stage contains the so called application
> level gateways ( e.g. Web server, vpn-gw, mail server ).
Who taught you that IPsec occurred at the application layer? I want
some of whatever they're taking.
> ... and well, I really tried hard, but exchange wont install at my OpenBSD
> ( ok i was not my desiction to use Exchange - but nevertheless i have to ...
> so I wouldn`t treat using a non single box-solution as an beginners mistake.
If you only knew.
Jason Dixon, RHCE
Visit your host, monkey.org