Re: fvwm version

On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 02:13:06PM +0200, Han Boetes wrote:
> Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de> wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 01:20:07PM +0200, Han Boetes wrote:
> > > *box is MIT licensed to be precise. But that doesn't matter I am
> > > afraid. Try telling them that less and lynx are GNU and can be
> > > replaced with the MIT-licensed w3m.
> > our less is not GPL.
> What is that bottom section of the less-manpage doing there? You can't
> miss it. :)

read it perhaps?

=====
You can redis-
tribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either (1) the GNU General
Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or (2) the
Less License.
=====

and (2) is:

Copyright (C) 1984-2002  Mark Nudelman

modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
   notice in the documentation and/or other materials provided with
   the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE
FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT
OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN
IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

aka, perfect 2-clause BSD license.

your point beeing?

--
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/