Re: Problems with make release...

On Thursday, Aug 14, 2003, at 14:29 US/Mountain, Ted Unangst wrote:

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Jeff Ross wrote:

vnconfig -u svnd0
cp /var/tmp/image.8458 mr.fs
rm /var/tmp/image.8458
cd /usr/src/distrib/i386/ramdiskB/../../../sys/arch/i386/conf && config
RAMDISKB
RAMDISKB:41: bsd says swap on sd0b, but there's no sd0b
*** Stop.
*** Error code 1

No, there are no s drives at all. (Dmesg below).

how can you have swap on sd0b if there's no sd device? you told it to put
swap on sd0b, but if you take away sd it's gonna be unhappy.

1)  Am I the only one that has to edit the ramdisk files to make a
release of -current?

snapshots are being made regularly. if stuff doesn't fit, the floppies are updated. it should certainly work now.

--
we want to stop reading magazines
stop watching tv

I just ran through another sync with -current and make build cycle. Attempting to make a release failed with the exact same error as before.

Ted Unangst pointed out to me that line 41 of the RAMDISKB config file is

	config          bsd     root on rd0a swap on rd0b and wd0b and sd0b

In fact, all of the ramdisk configuration files contain this same line. As the make release process goes, ramdisk_cd compiles just fine with that configuration, as does ramdiskA.

I haven't made it to ramdiskC for quite a while, so I don't know if it works or not.

As an interim step, I'm going to comment out the

	config          bsd     root on rd0a swap on rd0b and wd0b and sd0b

in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/RAMDISKB

and replace it with

	config          bsd     root on rd0a swap on rd0b and wd0b

Apparently I am the only one having this problem with making a release, which truly baffles me. Anyone with any ideas as to why ramdiskB is failing at this point when ramdisk_cd and ramdiskA do not please feel free to speak up!

Thanks,

Jeff
--
Jeff Ross