Re: dynamic ip and a domain

At 07:41 AM 8/7/03, Dylan Smith wrote:

On Thursday 07 August 2003 12:17 pm, Gëzim wrote:
> Hi guys,
> My question is, is it
> possible to have my domain take the traffic to my
> dynamic IP (without me having to do it manually
> everytime my IP changes), and for the address bar to
> show my domain name?

Google for 'ez-ipupdate' - it's a tool that will automatically
update  your IP address and works with several dynamic dns
providers. The usual method for making a domain go to
a dyndns address is to put a CNAME record in your zone,
such as:

$ORIGIN bar.net.
www             86400 IN CNAME  foo.dyndns.org.

then keep foo.dyndns.org updated using ez-ipupdate.

Are there tools that would allow the entire package do be built "in-house", without dyndns.org?

We have a main server with static ip address, and a bunch of remote sites with dynamic ip addresses. Can I install ez-ipupdate (or something like it) on remote sites and configure them to update our main server instead of dyndns? If so what gets installed on main server to handle this?

Frank