Re: Timezones driving me crazy - 3.3-STABLE, i386 (SOLVED)

> begin  electrogrammati illius Hugo Villeneuve
>
> He could just
> # mkdir -p /var/www/etc
> # cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/right/CST6CDT /var/www/etc/localtime

For the archives sake:

The above solved my immediate problem with SquirrelMail...  It's much
happier now.  I _did_ have a ${CHROOT}/etc/localtime set up, but I didn't
use the /usr/share/zoneinfo/right/CST6CDT file - I tried it with the
/usr/share/zoneinfo/CST6CDT file.  I have no idea what the difference is.

The larger problems on the server itself were also solved by relinking
/etc/localtime to the above file, rather than the path without the "right"
part.  I'm still using NTP, and everything is working perfectly now (if I
have problems in the future, I'll give OpenBSD's rdate a chance).

What _is_ the difference between /usr/share/zoneinfo/* and
/usr/share/zoneinfo/right/* (besides the obvious "well, one of them is
right!") ?

Thanks to Chuck, Thorsten, Roger, Hugo, and everyone else that helped.
This was the last hurdle for this particular server.  :)

Benny

--
"Corpsman:  Usually a young, long-haired, bearded, Marine hatin' Sailor
with certain medical skills, who will go through the very gates of hell to

Visit your host, monkey.org