[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
union mount after nfs mount
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: union mount after nfs mount
- From: Marc Balmer <marc_(_at_)_msys_(_dot_)_ch>
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:04:21 +0200
- Organization: micro systems
I am trying to share an OpenBSD source tree via NFS. To do so, I mount the src tree read only from a server and then I do a union mount of the NFS mounted filesystem and a local directory:
mount -t nfs -o ro server:/usr/src /net/server/usr/src
mount -t union -o -b /net/server/usr/src /usr/src
Then I try to "make obj" in /usr/src, which strangely fails with the following error:
# make obj
make: No such file or directory.
*** Error code 2
Stop in /usr/src/lib.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/src.
Did I miss some semantic details of nfs or union mounts (perhaps the fine print...)?