Re: gdt drivers

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 17:37:01 -0700, Michael Coulter wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 02:17:36AM +0200, Henning Brauer wrote:
> > yes, it beeps ;-)
> haha, we already spent a good chunk of the day discussing solutions ranging
> from a cron entry to e-mail us .wav files of the sounds from the colo
> facility to searching for a baby monitoring device that supports tcp/ip.
HAHA indeed!, lately I noticed a very faint beeping in one of our
computers.... during read/write one HD led was not blinking, so we
assumed the HD is bad... and so it was... the only reason it got heard
was because it was friday evening...

In my case it was a Promise IDE Raid Controller, I assume 3Ware and ICP
are better... I do have an ICP at home under linux, where I can read the
status out of /proc... if you don't have one handy, I'll boot the
maschine with a openbsd cd, maybe syslog reports something :)

regards
Philipp

Visit your host, monkey.org