[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: from scratch open BSD server
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: from scratch open BSD server
- From: Peter Hessler <phessler_(_at_)_theapt_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:44:15 -0700
- Cc: Michael Alaimo <ratfinklelinkle_(_at_)_hotmail_(_dot_)_com>
More RAM. I have a similar load, and apache uses 40M, and mysql uses
20M. Only 64 M of RAM. I regularly hit 150M of swap.
You certanly can tune the system, but I recommened more RAM.
I'm buying a new system with 512M, which will help quite a bit more.
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 02:08:25PM -0600, Lucas Reddinger wrote:
:On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:58:55 -0400
:"Michael Alaimo" <ratfinklelinkle_(_at_)_hotmail_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
:> Let's say I want to put together a simple Open BSD server, running apache
:> with PHP/SQL capabilities.
:> Expect no more than 10 users, small database management, remote http access,
:> email service, either T1 or broadband connection.
:> What are the minimum req's for a reliable, functional system?
:> MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*