Re: simple curiousity -> broadcom hardware

At 07:30 AM 7/23/2003, Marco Peereboom wrote:
On Wednesday 23 July 2003 03:23 am, Alexander Farber wrote:
> I have an ASUS A78VX mainboard ("sound SPDIF version") and
> the Broadcom BCM4401 NIC on it isn't supported by OpenBSD:
> http://home.t-online.de/home/Alexander.Farber/OpenBSD/dmesg.newhope
>
> Sorry for sending this information multiple times to the list
> but I wish someone would tell me that the NIC and the sound chip
> at that mainboard don't work with OpenBSD before I bought it...

Well without wanting to be an ass on http://www.openbsd.com/i386.html I saw
only 2 broadcomm devices (bge & ubsec).

You should not have bought that motherboard before doing some research on it.

<snip>

But on the other hand, it's a great board. I'm sure that you can find a use for it. Mine, unfortunately, has to run XP for the time being. But it runs screamingly fast. Good luck!

-Scott