Re: First build question

Hi Eric,

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 14:27, Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine
wrote:
> Lacking root access, and indifferent to the abandoned work, I re-installed
> 3.2 from CD1, installed the /usr/src tree from CD3, dhcp'd off my local
> ip/cdn provider, and anoncvs'd up to the 3_3 tag.
>
> From the documentation I'd found up to that point, I expected "build" target
> to work pretty much like the FreeBSD "buildworld" target. It didn't.
>
> I took a fresh copy of the 3.2 source tree and tried again. Nope.
>
> I haven't found the document I should have. Where should I be looking?
> I didn't find it in the FAQ either, and I missed it in the bugs archives.

you should examine the upgrade-minifaq at

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade-minifaq.html

and follow these guidelines very close.

If that still gives you some errors, give us the complete show:

what you did, where exactly occurs the error and what is the error along
with your system's info such as dmesg.

 -volker

--
http://nextstep-security.de/