First build question

Hi all,

Saturday I picked up two boxes [1] that a co-worker left idle when he left.
He'd been working on a VPN project, and OpenBSD 3.2 was installed on both.

Lacking root access, and indifferent to the abandoned work, I re-installed
3.2 from CD1, installed the /usr/src tree from CD3, dhcp'd off my local
ip/cdn provider, and anoncvs'd up to the 3_3 tag.

>From the documentation I'd found up to that point, I expected "build" target
to work pretty much like the FreeBSD "buildworld" target. It didn't.

I took a fresh copy of the 3.2 source tree and tried again. Nope.

I haven't found the document I should have. Where should I be looking?
I didn't find it in the FAQ either, and I missed it in the bugs archives.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Visit your host, monkey.org