Re: mount_ext2fs: Input/Output error

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:14:28AM +0200, Piotr Kolaczkowski wrote:

> # mount -t ext2fs -r /dev/sd0c /linux
> mount_ext2fs: /dev/sd0c on linux: Input/output error
>

> How can I know which Linux partition is which in OpenBSD?
> mount tells that /dev/sd0a is not configured. The same with others except
> /dev/sd0c.

First of all, your disklabel needs to be correct. If it isn't, use
"disklabel -d" (to see the default label) and "disklabel -e" (to edit
it).

Your linux partition will probably show up as /dev/sd0i, not /dev/sd0c.

See the man page for disklabel(8) for more information.
FAQ 14 (http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html) also has some useful
information on disk setup.

jmc.
--
Hasty was hanged, but speed-o-foot wan awa'.