[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: mount_ext2fs: Input/Output error
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: mount_ext2fs: Input/Output error
- From: jmc <jmc_(_at_)_prioris_(_dot_)_mini_(_dot_)_pw_(_dot_)_edu_(_dot_)_pl>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:41:31 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:14:28AM +0200, Piotr Kolaczkowski wrote:
> # mount -t ext2fs -r /dev/sd0c /linux
> mount_ext2fs: /dev/sd0c on linux: Input/output error
> How can I know which Linux partition is which in OpenBSD?
> mount tells that /dev/sd0a is not configured. The same with others except
First of all, your disklabel needs to be correct. If it isn't, use
"disklabel -d" (to see the default label) and "disklabel -e" (to edit
Your linux partition will probably show up as /dev/sd0i, not /dev/sd0c.
See the man page for disklabel(8) for more information.
FAQ 14 (http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html) also has some useful
information on disk setup.
Hasty was hanged, but speed-o-foot wan awa'.
Visit your host, monkey.org