Re: pf for packet data?

On Monday, July 14, 2003, at 05:02 PM, Henning Brauer wrote:

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 04:06:08PM -0400, gabe f wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if there was a module, or the like, to filter
packets based on arbitrary
byte positions in the packet  (ie, higher level headers, data)?

no. if you want higher layer filtering, write/use a userland proxy, like we do with ftp-proxy for ftp. this stuff has no place in kernel land.

how about on a bridging firewall?

        Ode On A Sugar Sweet LAN

   I love my 'pooters, and my 'pooters love me.
   We're just a big digital family.

   Me and my 'pooters, we get along fine.
   I'm super tickled, my 'pooters are mine.