[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: pf for packet data?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: pf for packet data?
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:02:15 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 04:06:08PM -0400, gabe f wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if there was a module, or the like, to filter
> packets based on arbitrary
> byte positions in the packet (ie, higher level headers, data)?
if you want higher layer filtering, write/use a userland proxy, like
we do with ftp-proxy for ftp. this stuff has no place in kernel land.
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.