[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Backspacing in wsvt25 Under Mutt
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Backspacing in wsvt25 Under Mutt
- From: Eric <eric-list-openbsd_(_at_)_catastrophe_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:51:22 -0500
- Organization: Catastrophe.Net <http://www.catastrophe.net/>
- Reply-to: eric-dated-1059670283_(_dot_)_6fe60e6f282ac911846a40bff8ef1d56b041_(_at_)_catastrophe_(_dot_)_net
I noticed that wsvt25 lends itself to better color support and
terminal functionality alltogether. That said, when editing with
vim installed as a package under 3.3-stable, I see this....
The "^?" sequence is sent each time a backspace is sent.
Using a manual "^H" works, but backspaces over the characters
instead of deleting them.
Maybe I'm used to the wrong behavior, but I'm just curious to know
if there's any stty options that have helped fix this in the past.
My originating terminal is a xterm on 3.2, ssh'ing to this
Visit your host, monkey.org