Re: OpenBSD article

On Wednesday 09 July 2003 06:57 pm, Ted Goodridge, Jr wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:51:07 +1000, James Buchanan
>
> <softwaredev_(_at_)_dodo_(_dot_)_com_(_dot_)_au> wrote:
> > Interesting article.  Will certainly do more to make people in awe of
> > OpenBSD instead of actually get a CD and use the OS.  I doubt Theo is
> > a mental misfit, in fact I'm sure he isn't.  His mind is clear...  how
> > else could he direct the development of the world's most secure OS for
> > 7 years?  But anyway, at least OpenBSD is actually getting some
> > publicity.  I hope that's a good thing. :-)
>
> 	Misfit just might be fitting, but I think most people take "misfit" as a
> negative when it is not always so.
>
> Dictionary.com defines misfit as:
> 	"One who is unable to adjust to one's environment or circumstances or is
> considered to be disturbingly different from others."
>
> 	Why is that necessarily a bad thing?  Most "genius" is unique, and they
> are out of step with most people in society simply because they are forward
> thinking, bright, and usually are uncompromising in their beliefs and
> vision.  People like Theo contribute greatly to society as a whole.
> Sometimes they can be brash, but each person has unique quirks.
> Unfortunately, articles like this tend to characterize people in a negative
> light without taking a look at the whole person.
>
> 	What's that old adage about any publicity is good publicity?  I would love
> to see the numbers of users of OpenBSD over the past few years.  I would
> wager all this exposure is making people aware of this fantastic Operating
> System.

On a lighter note - Who needs Chapstick?!?!

Just kidding guys - Jeez

</Humor>

--

Best regards,
                 Chris

PGP Fingerprint = D976 2575 D0B4 E4B0 45CC AA09 0F93 FF80 C01B C363

PGP Mail encouraged / preferred - keys available on common key servers
       01010010011000010110001101100101011100100101100000000000

Visit your host, monkey.org