ftp-proxy without inetd

With some goofing around this holiday weekend I was helping my oldest teenager
with some things and we noticed that his windows machines where unable to
ftp. ( Damn thjings do not support PASSV ). So went and looked at the man
page and fouond that ftp-proxy still needs inetd to run.

My firewall is a soekris running OpenBSD ( http://www.opensoekris.com) and the
opensoekris needs no or has no inetd installed.

So are there any plans to add this functionality to ftp-proxy.. I did find the
tar.gz of what someone has done on the marc mailing list  archives
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=104387606807393&w=2)  but
would like something in tree if possible.

-Ron
Ron Rosson                                    ... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                                        rm -rf *
insane_(_at_)_oneinsane_(_dot_)_net                        and all was /dev/null and *void()