SOLVED Re: throubles (or missconfiguration) on syslog

shit,

on the syslog.conf NO SPACES, please tabs.

thanks to all,

hermann

Hermann Heilner wrote:

hi,

I'm trying to get some logging, specifically teapop, to see teapop activity,
making the steps to set the local0 log to some file it makes nothing:
--
syslog.conf:

++ local0.info      /var/log/teapop

--

touch /var/log/teapop

kill -HUP <syslogd pid>

--

i can't see some activity on the file.

I've test another option, modified the syslog.conf:

-- local.info /var/log/teapop

++ !teapop
++ *.*        /var/log/teapop

nothing to see.

I've made a little program that opens a log, first on local0 and then on user,

on local0 nothing to see, on user it goes ok to the messages log.

any comments ?

thanks in advance,

hermann