[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: xdm Activation
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, Kirill Miazine <km-lists_(_at_)_krot_(_dot_)_org>, Seamus Wassman <sparhawk_(_at_)_ImLazy_(_dot_)_net>
- Subject: Re: xdm Activation
- From: Dave Feustel <dfeustel_(_at_)_mindspring_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 16:57:34 -0500
- Cc: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Friday 04 July 2003 04:23 pm, Kirill Miazine wrote:
> Seamus Wassman wrote:
> > Did you configure your /etc/X11/XF86Config with proper values for your
> > system?
[following text comes from the above link]
On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 carlos_(_at_)_aocg_(_dot_)_org wrote:
> [errormessage from xdm failing]
> Am I missing some xdm configuration?
> Can someone give some hints?
Use "DefaultDepth 24" (or something else > 8) in the "Screen" section of
your X11 configuration file. xdm can't get all colors for the 8 bit logo
I'm running my video card at 1800x1440. I'm not sure I have enough video
memory for more than 8-bit color. Any way I can work around this problem?
Visit your host, monkey.org