Re: softupdates recommendation

Marco Peereboom wrote:
I use softupdates just about everywhere. Sure there are corner cases where one can loose some data however I (usually) prefer the performace boost over the potential to loose data. Keywords here are UPS, stability and easily recreated/restored data.

One last thing then; from the FAQ:

To use Soft Updates, your kernel must have
option FFS_SOFTUPDATES
compiled in, this is already in place on GENERIC.

I can't find any such reference to FFS_SOFTUPDATES in GENERIC; is it just there, but not listed as an option?

DS

Visit your host, monkey.org