Re: openbsd and kismet

[I've stepped back from Kismet for the moment, so am a few weeks behind]

Ron, on the Kismet mailling list the lead developer asked you to try addding a
few printf's in the code to assist debugging your problem. Your response:

From: Ron Rosson <insane_(_at_)_oneinsane_(_dot_)_net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:58:14 -0700

Can not find no nettoline.....

[EOF]

Not a helpful answer but it's all I have to go on. You also  say that you see
the same problem with 3.3. If that's true, then something broke on *your*
system, as it worked just fine since IIRC 3.0-current/3.1 up to 3.3 release.

I can't check as i don't have a -current system to play with, and as no-one
else to my knowledge did any *bsd work on Kismet, and I now can't, you will
probably have to make the effort yourself.

If you can build a stock 3.3 and test Kismet -devel, that should indicate
whether the issue has arisen in Kismet -devel or OpenBSD -current. That alone
would give Mike more to go on than he currently has. Also, try running Kismet
from a standard tty, without X in the mix, it should work fine with the
following:

#!/bin/sh
export TERM=xterm-color
sudo /sbin/ifconfig wi0 up
sudo /usr/local/bin/kismet_monitor -H
cd <where you want the datafiles to be stored>
/usr/local/bin/kismet

If that doesn't work on a stock 3.3 i386, then I would suspect Kismet -devel.

-p

Visit your host, monkey.org