[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: High availability
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: High availability
- From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 19:15:28 -0400
- Mail-followup-to: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Quoting James A. Peltier (james_(_at_)_site-fx_(_dot_)_net):
> On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 14:18, Dom De Vitto wrote:
> > Anyone think this won't work?
> Not that I think it wouldn't work but arp take-over would prolly be much
Depending on the problem and the application.
But we kept getting cranky customers who needed
"immediate" failover for their 4-way machine but
then got grumpy that the backup couldn't be used
for other stuff (like development -
"just give them 2 minutes warning".
So we should add two minutes to failover?
"No, it's got to be immediate"
/me smacks client with keyboard).
Visit your host, monkey.org