[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: what is openbsd's 'best' supported raid1 ata adapter?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: what is openbsd's 'best' supported raid1 ata adapter?
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 23:33:22 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 10:20:05PM -0500, Todd Pytel wrote:
> A bump from another interested party...
> I just want a simple 2 disk hardware RAID 1. Surely a $335 2400 card
> isn't the only solution??
of course not. 335$ is pretty cheap for a RAID controller.
You can buy ICP Vortex cards and do RAID 1 with them as well, see
gdt(4). Or cac(4). Or ami(4). Or dpt(4). Or or or.
All more expensive, of course.
http://2suck.net/hhwl.html - http://www.bsws.de/
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org