Re: Segmenting Archives [probably OT]

Recreating the .tgz files such that they fit onto your media is
always the best thing to do, because then you can't lose a
CD out of a set and have everything gone.  I've seen that.

Split(1) will indeed work with binary files.  Use the -b option to
make the x files whatever size you need.

--STeve Andre'