Re: SysAdmin books for OpenBSD + other question

Quoting dreamwvr_(_at_)_dreamwvr_(_dot_)_com (dreamwvr_(_at_)_dreamwvr_(_dot_)_com):
> hi,
> GET /Absolute OpenBSD/
> the very instant it becomes available..
Becuase it has the word "BSD" in it?

I'm sorry, but for 99% of Unix (and unix like) OSs,
the commands and concepts are the same.

I can run AIX, Solaris, NetBSD, Linux and OpenBSD and even SCO
and the major differences to an admin are fairly moot to much
of the work.  "ps -ef" and "ps -ax" jump to mind.

get into tuning/performance and more detailed admin, and you
get OS specifics.  Specifics that books usually can't keep
up with.

Evi Nemeth's "Unix System Admin Handbook" has been a proven
winner for 10+ years and 3 (4?) editions.

The FreeBSD handbook is also quite nice.

See also your man pages.

Other books coming up are deserving of review, but not recommendation
until they show they deserve it.

Visit your host, monkey.org