Re: two openBSD Systems on one disk?

On Sat, 24 May 2003, Michael Hilscher wrote:

> i'm searching for further information how to use two openbsd Systems on
> one Disk (one for testing real server environment and the other one to
> run an desktop system, or just to take an look at 3.3 before upgrading
> real system and so on).

i think your setup sounds like it's pretty close to working.
don't create two openbsd MBR partitions, that makes things more confusing.
but you can create a new root partition within the existing disklabel.
the openbsd bootloader is capable of booting off a different partition.
see also the -a option in man boot.  that should work.

--
"I am clearly more popular than Reagan.  I am in my third term.
Where's Reagan?  Gone after two!  Defeated by George Bush and

Visit your host, monkey.org