[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 'bout softupdates and channel in wi0
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: 'bout softupdates and channel in wi0
- From: Ted Unangst <tedu_(_at_)_stanford_(_dot_)_edu>
- Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 11:15:13 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 24 May 2003, Bert Koelewijn wrote:
> Maintaining a filesystem snapshot looks like THE solution for online
> backups and tracing resources that should be free. But such a growing
> 'incremental backup' could eat a lot of space in a heavily changing
> filesystem (mail/database).
So then you delete the snapshot when your are done with it.
> Why doesn't OpenBSD implement snapshots and background fsck? Because
> it's considered alpha code in FreeBSD?
Because nobody has sent me or anyone else any diffs.
"The contagious people of Washington have stood firm against diversity
during this long period of increment weather."
- M. Barry, Mayor of Washington, DC
Visit your host, monkey.org